the ancient art of body sugaring
- 100% sanitary. No double dipping! Never touches another client & no risk of cross contamination.
- Hypoallergenic, Non-comedogenic, Great for SENSITIVE skin!
- 100% All Natural SUGAR. WATER. LEMON. That's it! No chemicals or resins.
- No animal testing!
- Heated to body temperature (Never hot. Never burns skin!).
- Safe for all kinds of skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- 100% Water soluble for easy cleaning on treatment room, client and clothing. Wont leave you sticky!
- Will not pull live skin cells / Removes dead skin only thus less painful! Great exfoliation leaving skin soft and smooth.
- May be applied to same area more than once.
- Does not break down the elasticity in your skin.
- Can extract shorter hairs.
- Leads to permanency faster since you can extract the hair in the shorter, active stage of growth before it is nourished.
1st time client instructions / FAQ’s / videos
new to sugaring? RELAX, watch my sugaring demo
Should I do anything different before my sugaring treatment?For your comfort, we recommend that you do not sunbathe (or use a tanning bed-well never use a tanning bed for that matter) for 48 hours prior to or after any sugaring treatment. Avoid putting any moisturizers on the skin 24 hours before the treatment. Also, some women find that their skin is extra sensitive when they are pre-menstrual.
- Hair needs to be 1/4″ long or about the length of a grain of rice. This usually takes about a week without shaving or trimming. We always say, "the longer the better"!
- Exfoliate the area before getting sugared (don’t over do it).
- You may take a couple Advil or Tylenol before your appointment. This helps “take the edge off” with any pain or swelling during or after your appointment.
- Don’t be nervous!! We will take excellent care of you and explain everything else when you come in for your appointment!
You did it! You survived your first brazilian or bikini sugaring, now what?
What should I do after my treatment?
EXFOLIATE. Especially, those with curly or more coarse hair. Begin exfoliating 2-4 days after your first appointment using a natural bristle pad or shower gloves in the shower EVERY day. You can also use a washcloth with exfoliating scrub. We carry an oil free scrub called the bamboo scrub. It's great for exfoliating the entire body (just not the face, too gritty). Exfoliating is particularly important right as the hair begins to surface. If in-growns occur we carry several healing astringents that can be applied to quickly heal, reduce inflammation and redness. Ask your esthetician about PFB, Fruit Acid Botanical or the Clarifying Toner Pads to see which one is the right fit for you!
Can I sunbathe, swim, exercise or have sex after sugaring?
Yes, yes, yes and yes.
Will I get bumps like I do after waxing?
Some people will still get a histamine reaction like they do with waxing. Your skin isn't damaged, it can swell from the hair being removed from the root. It usually isn't nearly as strong as the reaction you normally would get with wax. You can take an anti-histamine like Benadryl before your appointment to help prevent this.
How long do I wait between appointments?
The optimal amount of time is 3-4 weeks. You want to remove the hair by the root while the hair is being nourished in order to discourage the hair from growing back! Some people come every 2 weeks! Pricing is adjusted for less than 3 weeks.
How long does sugaring last?
(Hair growth cycles explanation). Your hair has 3 growth cycles. On your very first visit we get the 1st, 2nd and PART of the 3rd hair growth cycles. Once you return to get sugared 2-3 times we start getting all 3 hair growth cycles out at the SAME TIME! (If you feel any stubble whatsoever after your first appointment, it's the third cycle barely poking out. Once you come back a couple more times we get them all at the same time). After your first sugaring, it should last 2-3 weeks. As you continue to get sugared you can go 3-6 weeks! Depends on the persons OCD :) & how fast your hair grows.
Will the hair grow back darker and coarser?
No. On the contrary, the hair will grow back much more fine (and sometimes sparsely until we get all hair growth cycles coming out at the same time). Sugar removes the hair from the root, traumatizing the follicle wall, thus discouraging hair growth. Regular visits will noticeably reduce hair growth, re-growth will take longer to appear and is considerably thinner.
Can hair removal by sugaring last forever?
It is possible to become permanently hairless if you sugar yourself correctly and regularly. If and how long it will take you stay hairless depends on several factors. As every human being is an individual, there are individual hair types, so it could be the case that you stay hairless after a few treatments where as others many need many more. Also, the method you previously used to remove hair has a strong influence. Hair growth intensity is stronger in some areas of the body.